Have a passion for digital?
We are always on the look out for talented, forward thinking individuals
We require a highly creative, enthusiastic and hard working digital designer.
We’re currently on the hunt for a Web and Digital Designer with up to 2-3 years’ experience (ideally working in a digital agency). You should be creative and driven with a focus on user centred design. You will be looking for that next step in your career.
Working with in-house marketing and development teams, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving the visual design aspect of all client brand’s and products.
This is a digital role, so you need to have a passion and talent for designing websites, mobile apps, landing pages, emails etc. The perfect candidate will have excellent knowledge of front-end coding (HTML, CSS and JQuery) and be able to design build and code in a processed way.
Essential creative and technical skills:
- A strong creative mind, able to translate creative ideas from concepts to published design solutions.
- A good understanding of UX/UI design, wireframes and the user experience.
- Participate in quality control.
- Define design requirements, evaluate and justify appropriate solutions.
- Designing and prototyping outstanding solutions using Adobe Creative Cloud and Invision.
- You can build pixel-perfect templates, with HTML, CSS and JQuery (an intimate knowledge of the Bootstrap framework would be an advantage).
- Designing and launching newsletters and email campaigns using MailChimp (and other tools).
Essential personal skills:
- Confidence in a client facing role.
- Work as part of a team and collaborate with other departments.
- Problem-solving and willing to learn new technologies or skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attitude to work and the workplace environment.
- Manage and prioritise workload.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package - based on talent and experience.
- A diverse client base, working on interesting projects.
- A relaxed working environment.
We’re looking to be impressed. Sound easy? Get in touch. We’d love to meet you soon! Send us some examples of your work along with your CV to [email protected]
Some kind words from our clients.
I worked with Zen to develop a new website for the charity MND Scotland. Our developer Scott and designer John were fantastic. Always extremely helpful, patient and offering solutions when needed. Designing a new website is never easy but they certainly helped make it a much more seamless task. We have received lots of great feedback on the new website and are extremely happy with the finished product.
From the initial
“This is now the second iteration of our marketing website that The Zen Agency
"Zen Agency have managed the Chivas Brothers intranet platform for over one year now and have proved to be a highly responsive, efficient and reliable agency partner. The Zen Team are often required to work to tight deadlines and have consistently delivered exceptional service levels and always within budget."
The team at Zen have provided excellent service and quality of work since the latter part of 2015 when we got them in to do our first ever SEO campaign. Given it was the first time we had embarked on a project like this at Howden, the team at Zen were in regular contact with us providing us with updates and improvements to make the campaign a success, whilst also ensuring our original budget was put to effective use and never strayed beyond the agreed amount.
The Zen Agency have worked hard with us to find a workable solution to help us with on-line applications. This site is our main marketing tool and therefore it is important that we have a reliable web company to support us to achieve our marketing goals. The top priority was to make it easy for applicants to find out information about our courses and to apply - feedback from our students indicates we have achieved this.
"The Zen Agency created exciting internet design concepts, which were perfect for our young audience, blending sport and education. They created a modern look and feel; then carried this design across our social media to bring it all together."