Have a passion for digital?
We are always on the look out for talented, forward thinking individuals
Zen are looking for a creative PHP developer to join the team
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Update repositories
- Set up sites on server to work
- Creating the website architecture
- Generating themes and plugins
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open source projects like WordPress
- WooCommerce ,Joomla, Drupal, Laravel, Wikis, osCommerce, shopify etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, twitter Ebay mailchimp etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Interest in building bespoke applications.
- Interest in App solutions for iOS and android
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Conducting website training for clients
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
Please send your CV and any relevant documentation to [email protected], no recruitment agencies please.
Some kind words from our clients.
I worked with Zen to develop a new website for the charity MND Scotland. Our developer Scott and designer John were fantastic. Always extremely helpful, patient and offering solutions when needed. Designing a new website is never easy but they certainly helped make it a much more seamless task. We have received lots of great feedback on the new website and are extremely happy with the finished product.
From the initial
“This is now the second iteration of our marketing website that The Zen Agency
"Zen Agency have managed the Chivas Brothers intranet platform for over one year now and have proved to be a highly responsive, efficient and reliable agency partner. The Zen Team are often required to work to tight deadlines and have consistently delivered exceptional service levels and always within budget."
The team at Zen have provided excellent service and quality of work since the latter part of 2015 when we got them in to do our first ever SEO campaign. Given it was the first time we had embarked on a project like this at Howden, the team at Zen were in regular contact with us providing us with updates and improvements to make the campaign a success, whilst also ensuring our original budget was put to effective use and never strayed beyond the agreed amount.
The Zen Agency have worked hard with us to find a workable solution to help us with on-line applications. This site is our main marketing tool and therefore it is important that we have a reliable web company to support us to achieve our marketing goals. The top priority was to make it easy for applicants to find out information about our courses and to apply - feedback from our students indicates we have achieved this.
"The Zen Agency created exciting internet design concepts, which were perfect for our young audience, blending sport and education. They created a modern look and feel; then carried this design across our social media to bring it all together."
Extremely happy with both the look and functionality of our new website, and the associated digital marketing campaign. They have supported Bell Ingram through every step of the process with clear advice and a "can-do" attitude.Can't recommend Alan Ronald and his team at The Zen Agency highly enough.